For over 30 Years – LAJO has focused on the legal and fiscal health of our Jewish community’s nonprofit and religious organizations.
LAJO assists Jewish nonprofit and religious organizations with:
- Legal issues regarding their corporate existence and operation
- Federal, state and local tax exempt matters
- Litigation involving actions taken by them consonant with their mission
- Expert advice on key areas of governance and management
Jewish organizations may contact LAJO for:
- Information – quick questions, written materials or seminars
- Assistance – internal restructuring, corporate matters, contracts, etc.
- Advocay – tax exempt matters – City, State and Federal
- Referrals – litigation, real estate, labor, etc.
We work with the NY Attorney General’s Office, Charities Bureau to:
- Protect our Jewish communal assets
- Ensure that organizations comply with NYS laws
- Articles on goverance, etc.
- Sample By-laws and Policies, Federal and NYS Filings and Forms
- Links to Helpful Nonprofit, Federal, NY State and City websites
Questions – Contact – LAJO