For over 30 Years – LAJO focused on the legal and fiscal health of our Jewish community’s nonprofit and religious organizations.
LAJO is currently not operational. If that status changes, we will update it here. For assistance with legal matters, we recommend contacting New York Legal Assistance Group or Lawyers Alliance for New York.
LAJO assisted Jewish nonprofit and religious organizations with:
- Legal issues regarding their corporate existence and operation
- Federal, state and local tax exempt matters
- Litigation involving actions taken by them consonant with their mission
- Expert advice on key areas of governance and management
Jewish organizations contacted LAJO for:
- Information – quick questions, written materials or seminars
- Assistance – internal restructuring, corporate matters, contracts, etc.
- Advocacy – tax exempt matters – City, State and Federal
- Referrals – litigation, real estate, labor, etc.
LAJO worked with the NY Attorney General’s Office, Charities Bureau to:
- Protect our Jewish communal assets
- Ensure that organizations comply with NYS laws
- Articles on governance, etc.
- Sample By-laws and Policies, Federal and NYS Filings and Forms
- Links to Helpful Nonprofit, Federal, NY State and City websites
Questions – Contact – LAJO