CENTER FOR COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
The Center for Community Leadership is JCRC-NY’s Inter-Group Relations and Community Building Division
New York City is home to residents who: have come from more from 100 nations around the globe, speak over 150 languages, and nearly 40% were born outside the United States. This demographic diversity (the “New Diversity”) is one of the City’s greatest strengths, but often it can be the source of its toughest challenges, including competition for limited resources, hate crimes, and uncivil debate fueled by stereotypes and misperceptions about the “other.” It is important that there be a civil network for communities to thrive where all stakeholders understand each other and work together.
The Center creates and assists the growth of community-based initiatives and runs leadership training programs in the complex world of New York’s New Diversity.
- Empowers the communal leadership of New York’s diverse communities
- Incubates initiatives to create leadership networks for solving common problems
- Informs and trains youth and professionals about the complex needs of the New Diversity
- Works to improve relationships in communities between the long-time and new residents
- Identifies, mentors, and teaches emerging leaders in New York City’s communities
Community UpLink – Bringing together New York by publishing timely news and events from diverse ethnic, religious and racial groups to keep all informed and sharing up-to-date information to improve our quality of life.
Questions – Contact – The Center at JCRC-NY