Click on the bold type to navigate to the appropriate webpage.
- CSI Home Page. Read the latest news from the Community Security Network and be introduced to CSI’s Regional Security Directors and get their contact information.
- Security Grants Update. Find CSI’s tips, guidance, tutorials and videos for the federal Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) and the NY State Securing Communities against Hate Crimes grant programs.
- Prequalify in NY. NY nonprofits must “prequalify” before they submit for any grants administered by DHSES or DCJS. Find NYS tutorials along with CSI tips, with a special section focusing on how religious corporations (houses of worship and many schools) should reply.
- Grant Writers Assistance Program. Have you applied in the past for a security grant but not received one? Is this your first attempt applying for a state or federal security grant? Your organization can apply for a grant of up to $2,500 to defray the cost of a professional grant writer. Click to the page to apply.
- CSI Trainings. CSI will provide a range of training opportunities for your staff, your leadership, and your constituencies.
- Consultants’ Corner Archives. View past episodes of CSI’s popular Consultants Corner, focusing on topics such as Environmental and Historic Preservation (EHP) requirements, post-grant bidding, managing a security project, deep dives into security equipment and more.
- NY DHSES Grant Page. The Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services administers the federal Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) for NY applicants and grantees. Find the Request for Applications (RFA), tutorials, grant administration materials and more at their website.
- NY DCJS Grant Page. The NY State Securing Communities against Hate Crimes (SCAHC) grants are administered by the NY State Division of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS). DCJS is the final word on NY State submissions. Find the Request for Proposal and more documents at this site.
The CSI distribution list
The Community Security Initiative, a joint program of UJA-Federation and JCRC-NY, distributes security alerts, timely security and cyber security information and security grant announcements. We do not share our lists.
Time remaining to submit the NYS DCJS Securing Communities Against Hate Crimes (SCAHC) grant proposal.
What is Consultants’ Corner?
Hosted by Dov Horwitz, CSI’s Director of Physical Security and Procurement Specialist; and Ilya Umanskiy, a prominent asset protection specialist; Consultants’ Corner is designed for institutions that have already been awarded a grant. Either by watching these episodes live, or catching up with the recorded archives, learn the next steps after you receive a grant, how to ensure your security installations achieve your goals, and how to navigate the complex process with positive results for your organization and community. Scroll through our archives below.
1-3-2023 Consultant's Corner
12-20-2022 Consultant's Corner
12-6-2022 Consultant's Corner
11-22-2022 Consultant's Corner
1-17-2023 Consultant's Corner
3-29-2022 Consultant's Corner
3-22-2022 Consultant's Corner
3-15-2022 Consultant's Corner
3-8-2022 Consultant's Corner
3-1-2022 Consultant's Corner
2-22-2022 Consultant's Corner
2-15-2022 Consultant's Corner
2-8-2022 Consultant's Corner
2-1-2021 Consultants Corner