Missions to Israel
Intense Fact-Finding Trips for New York Opinion Makers
JCRC-NY’s Missions to Israel program, which has been on-going for over two decades, has included among its participants over 500 elected and appointed public officials, ethnic and faith leaders, human services agency professionals, business and union leaders and journalists.
The Missions’ itineraries provide participants with first-hand knowledge and experiences of the complex reality of the State of Israel. The participants are able to then convey to other New Yorkers the challenges Israel faces as it seeks to achieve a lasting peace with its neighbors.
2018 Community Leaders Mission: Alexandra Ruiz, Founder, Immigrant Advancement Matters
2018 NYS Assembly Mission: Hon. Marcos Crespo, NYS Assembly Member
2017 NYC Council Mission: Hon. Paul Vallone, NYC Council Member
- Meet with top government ministers and opposition figures, as well as Jewish and Arab community leaders and journalists
- Visit innovative cultural, communal, and educational institutions, including UJA-Federation of New York sponsored social service programs
- Explore Christian, Moslem, and Jewish holy sites
- Visit, in coordination with the Israel Defense Forces, strategic locales such as the Golan Heights, Sderot, and the Security Barrier.
The deep relationship between New York State and the State of Israel has a long history. As the American state with the largest Jewish population, there is great interest and concern in New York regarding developments which impact on Israel’s safety, security and viability. In addition, New York’s very diverse population makes Israel central to not only the Jewish faith, but also to Christianity and Islam. Further, there are active commercial ties between New York and Israel in a wide range of industries. Indeed, the green light recently given to the Cornell-Technion Tech Campus on Roosevelt Island highlights the growing academic ties between New York and the State of Israel.
- 12/18: Latino Pastors
- 8/18: Community Leaders
- 4/18: NYC Council
- 3/18: Scholars as Bridge Builders: Faculty Study Tour
- 2/18: NYS Assembly
- 8/17: Community Leaders
- 3/17: Scholars as Bridge Builders: Faculty Study Tour
- 2/17: NYC Council
- 2/17: NYC High School Teachers
- 1/17: Scholars as Bridge Builders: Faculty Study Tour
- 8/16: Community Leaders
- 3/16: NYC Comptroller
- 3/16: Scholars as Bridge Builders: Faculty Study Tour
- 2/16: Brooklyn Borough President
- 12/5: New York State Assembly
- 11/15: New York State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli
- 10/15: New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
- 8/15: Community Leaders
- 7/15: New York College and University Faculty
- 5/15: Community Leaders with New York Public Advocate Letitia James
- 2/15: New York City Council
- 1/15: Latino Leaders with Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr.
- 11/14: New York State Assembly