Nonprofit Security Grant: Webinar and more info
2013 Nonprofit Security Grant Program Webinar
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Learn about the grant requirements and the NY E-Grants system.
Click here to RSVP. You will be sent a confirmation with the connection links. The system requires a high speed computer connection and speakers or headphones.
Our friends at NY DHSES are hard at work getting out the formal application package. However, you can get started immediately (remember: the grant is due on June 10, 2013). Since the guidance was released:
- Changes from last year. The grant application is essentially the same as last year. We have updated the JCRC Security Grants webpage at: www.jcrcny.org/securitygrants.
- Nonprofit Security Grant Checklist 2013. The checklist is a step-by-step guide to help you complete the application package. Download it here.
- Investment Justification template. Many people (including yours truly) were frustrated that DHS only posted a PDF copy of the template. A working template is now available on the JCRC Security Grants webpage. Click here to download a copy. (Thank you Val!)
- Mission statement. Applicants will be required to upload their organizational mission statements along with their Investment Justification. We haven’t checked this, but it is likely that organizations that have not attached their mission statements will not be considered for a grant. Fear not. We posted What is a mission statement? to guide organizations without a mission statement.
- E-Grants system. New York applicants must submit their grants through the E-Grants system. If you have a E-Grants account and remember your information you need not do anything else. If you need to be reminded of your account name and/or password, send a note to email@example.com. New applicants must fill out an E-Grants Registration available in two formats: doc pdf.
The NY DHSES package should be available on or before Tuesday, May 28th, but you have plenty to do before then.