NY Nonprofit Security Grant package available | due March 28
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security released its guidance on Tuesday for the $20 million Nonprofit Security Grant Program. The grant is competitive and awardees can qualify for up to $75,000 in equipment approved for target hardening.
- The NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services (DHSES) 2016 RFA (application package) at http://www.dhses.ny.gov/grants/nonprofit.cfm is live. The deadline for submission will be March 28, 2016. (Applicants will still have 6 weeks to complete their application package and will be finished before Passover.) If you have any questions regarding this announcement, please contact DHSES via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In New York, nonprofits located in NYC, Long Island and Westchester are eligible. Outside of NY, check here.
- JCRC scheduled its assistance webinar on Monday, February 22, 2016 from 11AM to 12:30PM. Click here to reserve and receive the instructions to connect to the webinar.
- We are busily updating our help webpage at www.jcrcny.org/securitygrants. We plan to include the webinar presentations and a recording of the webinar on the page. Check back often.
- Click here to subscribe to the JCRC-NY Security and Emergency Preparedness Alert list. Subscribers will receive updates on the security grant program and other alerts.
|NSGP 2016: Here’s what you can do now|
|Prequalification||NY nonprofits should register at https://grantsgateway.ny.gov/ &
complete their Document Vault . See JCRC-NY’s additional
information at: http://www.jcrcny.org/document-vault-faqs/ .If your nonprofit was previously prequalified, you will still have to update certain documents or your document vault is expired. Check our your document vault for more information.
|E-Grant registration||If you have an existing account (and remember the
username/password), you’re fine; to register for the DHSES E-Grant system, email: email@example.com
|Risk assessment||Find guidance and contacts at:
|Investment Justification||Download the 2016 Investment Justification here.|
|For the most up-to-date info||http://www.jcrcny.org/securitygrants|
JCRC-NY and UJA-Federation worked closely with JFNA and its partners worked very hard to bolster the NSGP program allocation this year, and the roles of the Orthodox Union and Agudath Israel were critical.
Working on our behalf were Senators Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand and members of Congress who signed onto Congressman Peter King’s letter urging an increase in the allocation this year: Dan Donovan, Elliot Engel, Carolyn Maloney, Grace Meng, Jerry Nadler, Kathleen Rice and Lee Zeldin.