Application packages for the New York State Securing Communities against Hate Crimes grant is due on December 19, 2018 at 5PM. Any submissions received after that time will not be considered.
- Grants Gateway. Your organization must be “prequalified” before submitting the application package. Click here for JCRC-NY’s tips on getting prequalified. If you have not mailed your Grants Gateway registration form, etc., by Thursday, December 13, 2018, it is unlikely that you will be able to complete the prequalification process by December 19th.
- Tutorial. Due to popular demand, there is now a PPT tutorial to help you complete the Securing Communities against Hate Crimes grant. Click here for the tutorial. It is a question-by-question guide to the Risk Evaluation Tool. Remember, questions that are left blank may lead to a lower score.
- Help with the vulnerability and facility hardening sections. See our document, Tying together the risk and target hardening language. Select and build on our language to complete the most challenging sections of the Risk Evaluation Tool.
- Bonus points. Organizations that did not receive a grant in Phase I of Securing Communities against Hate Crimes state grant will receive a 10 point bonus, increasing their chances to earn a grant.
- Items to be uploaded to E-Grants. When you have completed your Risk Evaluation Tool gather it together with your: a) Status History Report from NYS Grants Gateway website showing prequalification status (You must have a status of “Document Vault Prequalified); b) A color, ground-level photo of the front façade of the facility or recreational area; c) Letter on organization’s letterhead indicating the BEDS code; a copy of the license and/or registration issued by the NYS Office of Children and Family Services or permit issued by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene; if enrolled legally exempt, the Notice of Enrollment; and d) risk/vulnerability/security assessment should you have one.
- Make sure that you complete all of the sections of the E-Grant system and upload all of your attachments (using the tutorial as your guide). Be sure to push “submit” well before the deadline. Inevitably, there are fixes necessary, so avoid last minute pressures and frustrations.