NSGP: The June 9th deadline is approaching
Note: The new deadline is June 8, 2018 at 5:00 PM
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security released its Notice of Funding Opportunity.
- In FY 2018, Congress appropriated $50 million for nonprofit security through the Urban Area Security Initiative (NSGP-UA) for 32 regions, including New York City (including Long Island and Westchester). There is a supplemental program (NSGP-S) of $10 million (with grants up to $100,000) covering areas outside of the designated regions.
- Each eligible organization can apply for equipment totaling $150,000.
- Target hardening proposals can now include equipment, planning and training.
- Should I apply to NSGP-UA or NSGP-S?
If your nonprofit organization is physically located within a FY 2018 UASI-designated urban area, then you may apply to NSGP-UA; if your nonprofit organization is not physically located within a FY 2018 UASI-designated urban area then you may apply to NSGP-S. You may not apply to both programs. For more information about the NSGP-S (supplemental) program for organizations outside of the 32 designated areas, see the JFNA preliminary memorandum here.
NY Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services materials
- Request for Applications due on June 8, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. Updated
- Webpage: http://www.dhses.ny.gov/grants/nonprofit/nsgp.cfm. This page has forms and tutorials.
- Application package: FY2018 NSGP Request for Applications
- Excel spreadsheet: FY2018 NSGP Investment Justification.
- Submission of Written Questions will be accepted until noon on June 4, 2018
Help with grant applications
- JCRC-NY Dedicated Webpage
- JCRC-NY Tutorial (PDF)
- JCRC-NY: Tying together the risk and target hardening language
- JCRC-NY: Selective Threat Scan
- JFNA: JFNA Grant Guidance
- JFNA: Threat Chronology
If you’ve read the materials on this webpage and still have questions? Click here.