February 14, 2020
New York State Securing Communities Against Hate Crimes
The NYS Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services moved the deadline for the SFY2019/2020 Securing Communities Against Hate Crimes Program (SCAHC Program) and the SFY2019/2020 Securing Communities Against Hate Crimes Program for Nonpublic Schools and Day Camps (SCAHC for Nonpublic Schools and Day Camps). The deadline for applications under both RFAs is March 16, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- SFY2019-2020 SCAHC RFA – $25 Million
- SFY2019-2020 SCAHC for Nonpublic Schools and Day Camps RFA – $20 Million
Important Resources for Application
- Frequently Asked Questions *UPDATED*
- Vulnerability Self-Assessment Tool *UPDATED*
- E-Grants Tutorial *UPDATED*
U.S. Department of Homeland Security Nonprofit Security Grants Program
Rumors fly that the federal guidance to the grant will be released this afternoon. Another rumor is that the states will have to submit their application packages within 60 days (for NY applicants, sometime before Passover?). Meanwhile, here are some resources to help you to get started,
- FEMA NSGP Webinar Presentation
- JCRC-NY Pre-Grant Release Tutorial (Feb. 13, 2020)
- Understanding & Mitigating the Risks to Faith-Based Religious Institutions (DHS/John Durkin)
- JFNA NSGP resources
- JFNA: Preliminary Guidance: Threat Chronology (February 13, 2020) A great resource for events that are most recent, geographically proximate, and closely related to the type or circumstance of the institution or are of “National Significance” – being of such magnitude or breadth that they create a significant existential threat to the Jewish community at-large.